I was thinking today (no smart remarks!) about how fast time flies. I remember babysitting in high school for people in their 40s and thinking they were old. As I approach another decade on this earth, I wonder "Have I made a difference?" That's a hard one to answer. Of course, our two daughters are accomplishments and, as parents, we like to think we've made a difference. But, really, could we all do more in our lives to make a difference in someone else's life. We all have our accomplishments, but what have we done to REALLY make a difference in someone's life. Thinking back on some of my work relationships, neighbors, church life, I can recall times I've helped someone, but the impact of that I may never know. I know as a babysitter, I took what I learned from my parents and their friends, some from what I learned in church, and many of the young parents I babysat for and formed by own "adult" value system based on all these factors. So, I'm going to try and be more aware of everyone I'm in touch with and remember that I may have an impact on their life that day or maybe forever. Time to be kinder, more patient and more godly. Off my soapbox - not too busy of a day. Went to the doc this morning and got the results of the blood test - Cholesterol 167 (yeah) blood pressure AOK, weight (don't even ask), but overall a good report. I'll see her in 3 months again. Found out shes' a Christian, one of her kids goes to Northshore Christian Academy, they attend church there and one of their kids even had Carrie Davis as a teacher. Small world, huh?
George came home from the lake and we went out to lunch. Had scrumptious fish and chips up at Weller's (actually it's really Patty's Egg Nest now) and George had biscuits and gravy, eggs, etc. All in all a good day.
I finally got a chance to scrap one page of Jaden's first birthday. Still have another page to go. I've been trying to keep up with the current stuff and go back as time allows. I also have a ton of my mom's pictures here to scrap the normal way (paper stuff), but have run into a few snags. Seems she doesn't remember a lot of faces in the pictures. So, I'm preparing a list of questions to ask my aunt so I can get back to that project. I'll drag out all the paper scrappin stuff when George goes fishing in a week or so.
Whew, long post. Time to kick back. Hope you're enjoying the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment