Yup, that's right - no pic today. Had a busy couple of days. Babysat the munchkins on Wednesday afternoon as usual, but nothing turned out usual. Put Jaden down for his nap, no problem. Started snugglying Acacia, no problem. Fifteen minutes later I had two screaming (and I do mean screaming) little ones on my hands. Acacia was hungry and Jaden woke up from his 1 hour nap (instead of 2 1/2 to 3) and was crying. Big crocodile tears. Nothing I did made either of them happy. Jaden was clinging to me and so I couldn't make Acacia a bottle. I sat on the couch holding Acacia with Jaden snuggled up next to me. Didn't work. They both got more and more upset. I put Acacia down & tried to console Jaden. That didn't work. Acacia started screaming blue murder! I decided to call Heidi. She was just down the street at Haggen's and they had finished their Bible study. I guess she could hear them screaming and said she'd be right home. When she came in the door, they were both still hollering! I gave Acacia to her and I held Jaden. It still took both of us a few minutes to calm them down. Jaden must have had a nightmare or something. Whew!
So today, I was back over there to watch them again while Heidi got her hair cut. Grandma walked down to see the kids. No problem. I put Acacia on her lap, Acacia took one look at Grandma and started screaming. She must be starting her "shy" phase? So, I calmed her down. Jaden had a dirty diaper in the middle of his lunch, so got him changed, fed and down for a nap. He has a new "car" bed to sleep in and is told to stay in it or he has to sleep in the crib. Well, fifteen minutes later, he's out of bed. I go up there and wow, another dirty diaper! Got him changed, put back down and thought it was smooth sailing. I was wrong again! Acacia wouldn't eat, sleep or be consoled again. I finally got her calm enough to sit on Grandma's lap facing away from Grandma. Hear Jaden out of bed again and had to go up to put him in his crib. He sure didn't like that! Anyway, everything else went well the rest of the afternoon.
After I left there, I went to Mom's to take her some bandages and finger covers I had got her at WalMart for her sores. While there, she says her remote for the TV isn't working right. So, I found some "new" batteries (not sure they were good), changed them and still no go. So, I call Heidi and she has what we need. I go down there, back to Mom's change the batteries again and still - no go. So, off to Best Buy I went. Bought a new remote, back to Mom's and spent the next 45 minutes programming the darn thing! Finally, got it to work. Then, back to Heidi's with her batteries. Jaden was crying then too because he got up from his nap and "Where Nana go?" So, more cuddling was called for.
So, you can see why there's no new pics today! Nana must be getting old. See you soon.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment