Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Been a While, Huh?

Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I got busy getting ready for our little camping trip and then got busy catching up when we got home. I am taking an online digital scrapping class right now and that takes up about 20-30 hours a week of my time for a couple more weeks. The picture posted above was for last week's lesson so I was glad to have it done.
Heidi has scanned in all of our old slides into the computer, so soon I'll be posting pics from the past! Whew, it's been a while since we looked at those pictures.
While on our camping trip, we made a couple of excursions away from the campground (which was very nice). One day we went to the new Cabella's store in Lacey and spent about 4 hours there. It's big, but I wasn't super impressed. I guess I bought into the ad hype they did before it opened.
Another day we went to the new Great Wolf Lodge up the road from where we were. Boy, that is a fantastic place. Friends of Heidi went there for one night and it was pricey, but they were able to spend two days in the indoor water park that was something else. All kinds of pools and water activities for every age. So, you could go there in the middle of winter andf still have a good time. The inside of the lodge is magnificent. It's a great big log cabin with a HUGE indoor fireplace with river rock about three stories high. We think the rock is fake, but it sure was impressive. The rooms were great too.
We met some nice folks camping and will try to join them on other campouts when George's schedule allows. Well, I must go to bed now. That last lesson was fun, but difficult. We learned how to make our own paper, do stitching, fade out from one photo to the next amongst other techniques. My brain is fried. Have a nice day.

No comments: