Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dragon Lake




Well, as I said before, we made it. The past few days I've been busy scanning pictures. I've done about 275 now & am getting a little tired of it, but I'm going to keep pushing and see how much I can get done while I'm here.
Everyone has been busy fishing all day. It still hasn't picked up much, but they still have hope.

Thought I'd post pics of the gang so you can see that they are also alive & well.

Also, I promised the story about the train from our first night. We found a place to pull off the highway just north of Hope, BC. It was a big gravel area near a gas station. We didn't need power or anything, just a place to curl up & sleep. So, after we had warmed up the bed with our bodies, we were just drifting off when the 1st train went by. Darn, now to try to relax again. Half hour later, another train! Good thing the engineer only tooted the horn shortly. So, try to drift off again. About an hour later, train number 3 comes by. George was trying to fake that he was asleep. (I know this from many years experience with him) Anyway, since I knew he was faking it, I just said "Just go to sleep and ignore the fact that a train is going through our bedroom!" He tried so hard not to laugh, but I heard him smile in the dark! I think he was excited about the fishing trip more than he was bothered with the train. It wasn't too long, though, before we were both asleep & I didn't hear another train all night.

Well, gotta go fix dinner for my fisherman.

No comments: