Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Middle of August already?


We took Jaden to the lake with us last weekend. Howard and Karen (George's brother and his wife) came on Friday on their way home from Montana visiting their granddaughters.It was over 100 degrees each day, but that didn't stop us from having a great time. Jaden has changed from calling George "Gumpa" to Grampa. I must have heard "Hi Grampa" over a 1000 times. The boy sure loves his Grampa!!

On our way over we stopped to eat and Jaden & I both had pancakes. I had blueberries on mine and shared with him. By the time he was done, he had stains all over his face, hands and arms. He loved them. Before last weekend, he wouldn't eat strawberries either. But, slice 'em up & put some sugar on them and he'll beg from everyone who still has some in their bowl! What a hoot he was. Kept calling Howard "Uncle Brian" (my brother) even though we corrected him a million times.

Howard & Karen just kicked back and had a relaxing time. They tried to apologize for napping, but Hey! that's what Blue Lake is all about. Recuperating and rejuvenating. We are more than happy when our visitors go home well rested.

Update on my mom - she ended up in the hospital last Monday. When I took her for her anti-coag visit, her heart rate was up to 136. Since her primary care physician wasn't in, I took her to the walk-in clinic and had her checked. They ended up taking her by aid car to the hospital. After many tests and changes to her meds, and Monday-Friday in the hospital, she was transferred from the hospital to a rehab center in Marysville. It's been a wild and crazy couple of weeks. Lots of ups and downs. Now she has to work up her strength to be able to go back home. She might be there up to three weeks. Good news, though, is that her heart is no longer in atrial fibrillation and her cardiologist doesn't want to see her for six months. We just may be over a major hurdle here. Now, to convince her she CAN do things again. She also is getting many visitors from church since the transfer. Takes a load off my siblings & me. My brother is up from Vancouver, but will probably go home and come back in a few weeks when she goes home.

Well, I have chores to do tonight while George is at work, so I've rewarded you for reading this by showing you a page of Jaden from this weekend. It is so true that it's the little things that are treasured memories.

No comments: