Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ah, Sunshine

Yes, we found a little sunshine! Had to spend mucho bucks on gas, but we did have two wonderful days over at the lake soaking up sunshine. Naps in the hammock, frappuchinos, sleeping in, fishing, the whole nine yards. It was so good to get away. I'm sick of being sick! I think I'm almost 100% again, but you know, 100% at my age changes every day! LOL.
We came back early today for the big Arlington cleanup event. They will take old refers, tvs, computers, furniture, and junk for free. So we stopped at Heidi and Seann's on our way home to pick up 7 CPUs, one CRT monitor, a printer and then to our house to pick up a TV and VCR recorder. All I had to do was sit in line for a while. Didn't even have to unload the stuff. Then I scurried home so George & I could load up a big metal rack and other miscellaneous he had to get rid of. So, all in all, it worked out great. The city filled 7 huge dumpters of furniture and 3 semi-trucks of electronic stuff. Yikes!!Fees for dumping computers on your own is getting pricey, so this was really helpful to all of us. Had to prove I lived in the city limits and they waved me through. WHOOOOHOOO!
See you all in a day or two.

No comments: